Cooking is something I love to do but don’t always have time to do it at home. Everyone who lives a busy lifestyle knows the importance of a meal that you can make ahead of time and just heat up later to enjoy. One of my family’s favorite make-ahead meals is Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Lettuce wraps are fun to enjoy and make both a great appetizer and a good entree as well. My kids love Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps because they get to build their wraps, and it helps me out as well.
Asian chicken lettuce wraps are a fun, easy, and convenient dish you should try tonight.
Asain Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
4 tablespoons sesame or olive oil
1 pound ground chicken
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and finely minced
½ red bell pepper, finely diced
4 ounces water chestnuts, drained
½ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
12 whole Bibb lettuce leaves
Sprigs of cilantro and fresh mint, for garnish
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Directions
- In a large Saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering over medium-high heat
- Cook the ground chicken, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil in the saute pan over medium heat and when hot, cook the garlic and ginger for about 1 minute, stirring to prevent burning
- Add the pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer or until the pepper softens
- Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the chestnuts to mix all the ingredients
- In a small cup, whisk the soy sauce and hoisin with ¼ cup of water and pour into the pan
- Add the scallions, and simmer for 1 minute, stirring to mix
- Remove the chicken from the heat and spoon the mixture into the Bibb lettuce leaves, which should cup the chicken
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro and mint, as desired
Make-ahead recipes are the best way to enjoy a meal without having to rush your way through cooking. Asian chicken lettuce wraps are a great way to get started with your make-ahead meal recipe box or cookbook.