Who would think raw kale could taste so good? Something this good for us couldn’t be so wonderful, right? But it is! My customers ask for it by name, and when we make this kale salad recipe at Aux Delices, we add whatever dried fruit or toasted nuts we have on hand. I particularly like it with the almonds and cranberries.
The lemony vinaigrette is the final brilliance; it perks up the kale salad recipe as nothing else can.
Kale Salad Recipe Ingredients
1 pound kale
1 bulb fennel, cored and very thinly sliced
½ cup toasted sliced almonds
½ cup dried cranberries
3 ounces thinly shaved Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
¾ cup lemon Vinaigrette, more or less as needed
Kale Salad Recipe Directions
- Stack the kale leaves as you can easily handle at one time on top of each other on a cutting board.
- With a large sharp knife, slice them into thin strips, no more than ½-inch thick.
- Put the kale in a salad bowl.
- Add the fennel, almonds, and cranberries and toss to mix.
- Scatter the shaved Parmesan over the salad and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the vinaigrette over the salad, toss gently but thoroughly and serve.