This Aux Delices orzo salad is one of Debra’s best-sellers at her shop, and so many of her customers have asked for the recipe that she promised to include it in her cookbook. So here it is! Half of its party popularity is due to its compatibility with everything from sandwiches to poached salmon and sliced lamb; the other half lies in its secret ingredient, the ginger oil, which adds an unexpected pungency and sweetness.
Find your favorite pairings and enjoy this Aux Delices orzo salad today.
Aux Delices Orzo Salad Ingredients
- ⅓ cup pistachios
- Sea Salt
- 8 ounces orzo (a scant 1 ⅓ cups)
- 4 Ounces dried apricots (about 20), sliced, or 1 cup fresh apricots, (about 4), pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ cup scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Ginger Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
Aux Delices Orzo Salad Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the nuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven until light golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the orzo and cook according to package directions. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water.
- In a medium bowl, mix the orzo with the apricots, cilantro, coriander, scallions, and pistachios.
- Toss with 4 tablespoons of the ginger oil to moisten the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the fresh lemon juice on the salad and toss again.
- Adjust the seasoning, adding another tablespoon of ginger oil if necessary.