People of all ages love to hear they are getting a cookie for breakfast or for a mid afternoon snack, right?
I love this recipe for my raisin and apricot breakfast cookies because they are filling with oats and fruit and they offer a healthy, yet fun, twist on a recipe that can fill in any snack gap of the day.
Raisin and Apricot Breakfast Cookies Ingredients:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup prune puree or applesauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the oil, prune puree, orange juice, egg whites and vanilla. Mix until blended.
- Add the raisins and apricots.
- Grease cookie sheets and scoop 2 generous tablespoons of dough per cookie.
- Bake 10-11 minutes, until just set; do not overbake.
- Cool cookies on a rack. Store in airtight container.