My customers love this bread. Who can blame them? Cinnamony, nutty, warm and sweet. Perfect any time of year but somehow I especially like it on a cold morning. It just warms me up for the day to come. I sometimes split the batter into smaller amounts and make muffins. Yum, yum, yum.
A sure way to get your kids, your husband, your next door neighbors, and any random passers-by to the table!
Bet you can’t eat just one slice! This quick bread recipe is a favorite at Aux Delices, and once you sink your fork into the super-moist bread, you will understand why. It’s addictive. I try not to make it too often at home because, frankly, I can’t resist it.
- Makes one 9-inch loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Cinnamon-Walnut Quick Bread Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until well mixed. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice. Add the vanilla and then alternate adding the sour cream with the dry ingredients until mixed. Scrape the bottom of the bowl once or twice while mixing.
- To make the filling: Mix together the walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spoon half of the batter into a 3 x 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle half of the filling over the batter and then add the rest of the batter to the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the filling over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.